Living alone in New York City for the entire summer seemed daunting at first, but now I am so happy that I did it. It wasn’t easy, but I had a few friends in the city and I had family come visit me. I also made new friends throughout the summer at Chanel. I stayed at Fashion Institute of Technology from June to August. After being in the city for 10 weeks, I now have my favorite restaurants, areas to shop, photo ops and tips for navigating the city that never sleeps.
- Cha Cha Matcha- In the mood for some matcha? Look no further! This place has great snacks and coffee/tea.
- Fred’s at Barneys NYC
- Ellen’s Stardust Diner- I love this diner because I always have a good time when I go. Please keep in mind there is always a wait, but it’s worth it!
- Sushi Seki
- Pret a Manger
- Sant Ambreous
- Mr. Chow- This restaurant is by far, my favorite splurge restaurant. My boyfriend and I went to the one in LA (i’ve been to the one in Miami) and I knew we HAD to go to one of the locations in NY while he was visiting.
- Il Buco- I came here for my friends 21st bday dinner and I had a truffle pasta and literally ate everything on my plate…it was so good!!
- Chelsea Market- No. 1 Tacos, had the best tacos I have had in the US in a long time! They also had a delicious Horchata which, I love <3
I always take advantage of sales, i learned to only shop on sale (unless its a classic and I know 100% that it will never go on sale…)
- SAKS 5th AVE Sale (June)
- Nordstrom Sale (July)- They are currently building the Nordstrom Women’s in New York, which will open in 2019, but the Nordstrom Men is across the street and you can always shop online!
- Heyday- I found out about this place because of a good friend of mine. My skin was in major need of a good facial after being in Asia and New York…my skin is not used to all the pollution. I got the 50 min regular facial, I would have done the microdermabraison, but since my skin was acting up and sensitive, my facialist suggested not to do it that day. I purchased an exfoliator and cleanser at Heyday and they put it in a cute little bag. I was very impressed and am looking forward to going back one day. They also just opened up a location in LA!
- Rounge NYC Nail Salon- I really wanted to try something new and fun for my nails. This place has so many options to choose from to take your mani to the next level. Please keep in mind, this place tends to get expensive depending on what you want- ask how much before adding elaborate designs, etc.
- Chanel Spa at Saks NYC Flagship store- If you book your appointment in advance, you can get a facial at the new Spa Room at Chanel Beauty in SAKS on 49th!
There are so many hotels in NYC, but my favorite is the Park Hyatt New York. It is in a great location, and the pool is amazing.
There are photo ops all around this magnificent city. Below are my favorite spots for the cutest pics.
- Central Park
- Times Square
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Rooftops- During New York summers, locals and tourists alike love to take advantage of the rooftop bars all around the city.
- Cha Cha Matcha
- The Flour Shop
- STORY- This store is very unique because it changes “themes” every couple of months. I was able to take cute pics in this store, and my niece and nephew also loved it.
There is so much to do in the city, I wanted to try a few things I have never done while I was living there for the summer.
- Spyscape- This was a fun activity to do with my boyfriend and his family when they came to visit. It had us doing something different and we all enjoyed it!
- Concerts- While I was in NYC I went to the Taylor Swift Reputation Tour concert at the MetLife Stadium in NJ with a friend from work and we had such a great time. Concerts are always fun and something you will never forget!
- Broadway shows
- One World Trade Center
- Museums- I was able to go to The Met and see the Heavenly Bodies exhibit! It was so beautiful.