My name is Alessandra “Ali” Quintero and I am a senior at Southern Methodist University. I am currently working towards my Bachelor of Arts Degree’s in Fashion Media and Journalism and double minoring in Ethics and Sociology.
As a freshman, I was invited to join SMU’s Rotunda Academic Scholars and remained a member until expected graduation in May, 2019. This program searched for in-coming students who had previous leadership roles in their communities. Through this program, I learned about the importance of leadership, service, and diversity. During my junior year, I joined Turning Point USA on campus and became Secretary of the club. While taking courses for my majors, I wrote articles for SMU Look, a student-run magazine. As a senior, I worked as a crew member of SMU-TV’s produced daily news show, The Daily Update, where I tried various positions including Director, Producer, Floor Director, Technical Director, Audio, Server, and Cameras. I also wrote at least two stories every week for the show. Additionally, I co-founded SMU Humans during my senior year, which has its own section within SMU Daily Campus’ website. I worked as a videographer for SMU Humans and produced multiple videos for the Instagram account. SMU Humans was created as a platform for students to share their stories and unique experiences. Over winter break during my senior year, I had the opportunity to shadow Executive Producers at Wink News in Fort Myers, Florida and Daily Flash TV in Miami, Florida.
- If you would like to use, share, modify a photo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a personal website & the opinions expressed represent my own views and ideas
- Sponsored posts will always be expressed in the posts both on the website & social media platforms
- Links will appear in posts, to give credit to other websites, blogs, etc.
- You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to, the operation of this blog in any way
- You may not use this blog for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose
- This website is intended for individuals 18+ years