While I was in Asia, I knew I really wanted to go to a spa and try something new. While we were on the UniWorld Cruise, we finally had time to relax and go to the spa. I was so excited when I saw there was a doctor on board who specialized in Acupuncture because I always wanted to try it. Before the entire process began, I sat down with the doctor and explained to him where I was in pain, but did not really give him exact spots where I was in pain. He felt around the areas I told him (lower back, neck, left ankle) and within seconds he was able to point out the EXACT spots where the pain was…I was shooooook. I have never been to a doctor who was able to find out the exact spots of where I was in pain within seconds. The doctor also gave me medicine to help with my back and ankle pain.
With the acupuncture, they also included the suction cups which many athletes such as Michele Phelps does to help muscle pain and soreness. I have bad back and neck pain, so those were my areas of focus. At the time, my ankle was hurting me for a few months so I also wanted him to focus on that as well. The Acupuncture did not hurt at all, except for when he had to stick a needle in my calve muscle, I literally had to stay still for about 25-30 min to not feel any pain in that area. While I am laying there probably looking like a human porcupine, they told me to do some deep breathing to help. When they came back and took the needles out, they began to place the suction cups in the designated areas. Those were on for about 5 minutes. When they removed those, they told me to get up slowly and I immediately felt a difference. The suction cups left bruises in the areas for a couple of days. Overall, I loved it and would love to find a place I can do it again in Dallas.
Living alone in New York City for the entire summer seemed daunting at first, but now I am so happy that I did it. It wasn’t easy, but I had a few friends in the city and I had family come visit me. I also made new friends throughout the summer at Chanel. I stayed at Fashion Institute of Technology from June to August. After being in the city for 10 weeks, I now have my favorite restaurants, areas to shop, photo ops and tips for navigating the city that never sleeps.
- Cha Cha Matcha- In the mood for some matcha? Look no further! This place has great snacks and coffee/tea.
- Fred’s at Barneys NYC
- Ellen’s Stardust Diner- I love this diner because I always have a good time when I go. Please keep in mind there is always a wait, but it’s worth it!
- Sushi Seki
- Pret a Manger
- Sant Ambreous
- Mr. Chow- This restaurant is by far, my favorite splurge restaurant. My boyfriend and I went to the one in LA (i’ve been to the one in Miami) and I knew we HAD to go to one of the locations in NY while he was visiting.
- Il Buco- I came here for my friends 21st bday dinner and I had a truffle pasta and literally ate everything on my plate…it was so good!!
- Chelsea Market- No. 1 Tacos, had the best tacos I have had in the US in a long time! They also had a delicious Horchata which, I love <3
I always take advantage of sales, i learned to only shop on sale (unless its a classic and I know 100% that it will never go on sale…)
- SAKS 5th AVE Sale (June)
- Nordstrom Sale (July)- They are currently building the Nordstrom Women’s in New York, which will open in 2019, but the Nordstrom Men is across the street and you can always shop online!
- Heyday- I found out about this place because of a good friend of mine. My skin was in major need of a good facial after being in Asia and New York…my skin is not used to all the pollution. I got the 50 min regular facial, I would have done the microdermabraison, but since my skin was acting up and sensitive, my facialist suggested not to do it that day. I purchased an exfoliator and cleanser at Heyday and they put it in a cute little bag. I was very impressed and am looking forward to going back one day. They also just opened up a location in LA!
- Rounge NYC Nail Salon- I really wanted to try something new and fun for my nails. This place has so many options to choose from to take your mani to the next level. Please keep in mind, this place tends to get expensive depending on what you want- ask how much before adding elaborate designs, etc.
- Chanel Spa at Saks NYC Flagship store- If you book your appointment in advance, you can get a facial at the new Spa Room at Chanel Beauty in SAKS on 49th!
There are so many hotels in NYC, but my favorite is the Park Hyatt New York. It is in a great location, and the pool is amazing.
There are photo ops all around this magnificent city. Below are my favorite spots for the cutest pics.
- Central Park
- Times Square
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Rooftops- During New York summers, locals and tourists alike love to take advantage of the rooftop bars all around the city.
- Cha Cha Matcha
- The Flour Shop
- STORY- This store is very unique because it changes “themes” every couple of months. I was able to take cute pics in this store, and my niece and nephew also loved it.
There is so much to do in the city, I wanted to try a few things I have never done while I was living there for the summer.
- Spyscape- This was a fun activity to do with my boyfriend and his family when they came to visit. It had us doing something different and we all enjoyed it!
- Concerts- While I was in NYC I went to the Taylor Swift Reputation Tour concert at the MetLife Stadium in NJ with a friend from work and we had such a great time. Concerts are always fun and something you will never forget!
- Broadway shows
- One World Trade Center
- Museums- I was able to go to The Met and see the Heavenly Bodies exhibit! It was so beautiful.